Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Next stop... Philippines

OK, so it's been awhile since my last trip, and I can't wait til I leave for the P.I. I got a bunch of new stuff for this trip--a new camera (digital SLR), a new messenger bag (for carry on), a new backpack suitcase with wheels, and a new passport. I'm bummed about losing my original one since it had stamps from about 9 countries, I think. Oh well, this should motivate me to travel more.

So I'm leaving next week on the 28th (06/06). First stop is Manila for 2 days. Allan C. was nice enough to offer me a ride from and to the airport and their home. Hopefully I'll get to see the Manila nightlife. Then it's off to Cagayan de Oro enroute to Illigan City. After more than 30 years, I'm going back there again. I'll spend the next 2 weeks teaching English at an orphanage and helping set up the program there. After that, I fly to Cebu to catch a plane for Boracay (via Caticlan). I plan to be there for 5 nights. Hopefully the weather will be nice. I'm planning on getting my diving cert. while I'm out there. Veronica and I did the Discover Scuba course at Sport Chalet yesterday, and now I'm more determined than ever to do it. Fun, fun, fun...

No comments: