Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Travel picture of the day...06/06/07

Don't know if I'll be able to update this as frequently, but I'll try to do at least a couple of times a week. I'll put up a travel photo that I have from however long ago, with a little bit of commentary. It will at least serve a nostalgic purpose for me as well as a sort of documentary. Hope you enjoy it.

Misha against Davit Gareji fresco

On one of our last days in Tbilisi, Jane and I visited Davit Gareji with her Peace Corps buddies, Ann and Jeremy.

Davit Gareji is a complex series of monasteries built against the caves. Unfortunately, due to exposure to the elements and to some degree, vandalism, these frescoes are slowly deteriorating. Fortunately for us, we got to see hints of the beauty that they once held.

Misha was our very capable guide for this little adventure.

Georgia Republic, December 2005.

No comments: