Thursday, July 05, 2007

Celebrating the fourth

Since I don't see myself doing much overseas travel these next several months, I figure I'll be a tourist in my own town, sharing the sights and sounds of my adopted home here in So Cal.

The following is an excerpt from my other blog.

Ready for some fun times...Ivan, Flora, Eric, Eusebio, Rachael, Michelle, Chris, Kip, Stephanie. (Photo courtesy of Eusebio).


On the afternoon of July 4th, I went down to Eusebio's place in Dana Point for a little get together. What a host. He had a little spread on the table that would rival a Love Boat buffet. Met a few cool dudes and dudettes for the first time—Stephanie, Rachael, Michele, Flora, and Chris. Kip aka RJ and his wingman, Ivan were also there. Eusebio surprised Steph by busting out an ube birthday cake for her from Goldilocks (the pinoys' fave bake shop). Awwwh...

After filling our tummies with pancit, pasta, salmon, adobo and Kip's iced tea concoction, we walked down to the harbor to board Lola. We motored with several other boaters as we watched the sun setting over the horizon.

Viewing the fireworks shoot right over our heads as we're anchored just outside the harbor was an amazing experience. There was a little over a half hour delay because of tech problems, but once those pyro experts got it on, they got it on. The finale was awesome. Check it out. You can hear everyone screaming with excitement at the end.



What a fun day it was, and a great way to celebrate the fourth. Happy Birthday, America!


No comments: